Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Railhawks Blues

So far, I have had conflicts to all of the Carolina Railhawks Lamar Hunt US Open Cup games and have had to find people to take my season tickets and/or take a few of my tickets and take my boys to the game.

Tonight was no different as I had an invitation to attend a social of the Canadian Business Association of North Carolina (The topic of a prior blog post).  I had offered my tickets to someone earlier if they would take my boys, but that fell through, and then my oldest was not sure if he wanted to go because 'graduation practice could be tiring'...  (ahhh, the whims of youth!)  After many text messages and calls, I finally told Stephen (the middle son) that if he could put together a group that could also drive him there, he could get the tickets and the coveted VIP parking pass.  Stephen had not been interested in soccer until the last few games and was able to put together a group to go to the game very quickly.  Hopefully they enjoyed the VIP seats and parking that Stephen 'scored'.

While the Railhawks lost, Stephen obviously had fun complaining about the refs along with our seat mates!

I'm torn as to whether or not I will miss the Railhawks participation in the Cup as I was not able to see any of the games after all.  I was cursed with Tuesday activities...

No comments:

Post a Comment