Sunday, June 3, 2012

PayPal Transaction E-mail

I just received an e-mail receipt from PayPal for a Debit Card transaction.  The only problem is that I did not make the transaction.  The transaction is posted as a Debit Card Signature Purchase from NATIONAL EXPRESS,BIRMINGHAM,GB.  I am not in England and my card is securely locked in a cabinet at the office and it only comes out to process a purchase...  I have begun the unauthorized transaction process using the unique transaction ID for this charge.  Right now the status of the charge is showing as pending in my PayPal account.

my initial search on Google for NATIONAL EXPRESS,BIRMINGHAM,GB brought up several links on page 1 to sites where people have also had unauthorized charges to their PayPal account from this company.

Hopefully this will be resolved soon.  Wouldn't it be wonderful if all of your credit cards sent you an e-mail confirming each purchase?  That would help you to identify fraud before you actually get your statements to review!

1 comment:

  1. A quick follow-up. It seems that notifying PayPal that a pending charge is not valid does not really do anything. You have to wait for the charge to be confirmed before you can process a unauthorized charge process. I filled out the lengthy form and faxed it in to PayPal and then over the course of a week received 22 confirmation e-mails letting me know that my documents had been attached to my claim and 5 e-mails that let me know that my account had been suspended. Buried in the suspension e-mail was that my debit card had been cancelled and that I would have to go through the application process for another debit card. Looking at my account a week later, I found that the money had been returned to my account but there was no longer a record of my dispute of the fraudulent transaction. Maybe I was hoping for something a little less bureaucratic... In the end I am overwhelmed with communication but lacking in information.

    ReplyDelete